Thursday, November 15, 2012

CrossFit Invictus Training Camp weekend.

This post is just a small portion of my thoughts on this past weekend-

First and foremost I just want to say thanks to the CF Invictus family/staff for being so hospitable and supportive. The environment that was created in that gym is something that I have never seen or been around before. I didn't once during the entire weekend feel like an outsider and I think that's really important when trying to create a comforting atmosphere.

Friday:

Went to Pacific Beach during the day to enjoy the water a little bit. Did a small partner workout with Drew to get some blood to the legs. Had a nice sand recovery run with the boys after. At night, we went back to the gym for a squat session and meet and greet. 

Saturday:

Arrived at Invictus at 8 am. Opened with some snatch work. Hit 90 kilos and then immediately moved up to 100. Probably not the smartest idea. Ended up missing both 100 and 105. However, on the positive side, I missed every rep behind me. Worked a lot of gymnastics work and then ended the night with a 6 min. AMRAP capacity test.

12 Pullups
12 Burpees
12 Box Jumps

Score-5 Rounds 

Oh yah, I also wore this...
Rocked It!

Sunday:

Opened up with Clean and Jerks. By now, my shoulders were COMPLETELY immobile. Worked up to 120 kilos. Missed 130 and 136 because I literally couldn't get my shoulders in position. After that we worked a lot of muscle up and barbell cycling work. We did two met-cons during the day.

For time:

6 Cleans (195 lbs)
6 Muscle Ups
6 Snatches (145 lbs)
6 Muscle Ups
30 Shoulder to Overhead (95 lbs)
6 Muscle Ups

Time: 5:34

For time:

40 HSPU

2-4-6-8-10 Ladder of

Deadlift (275 lbs)
Burpee over Bar

Time:4:46

Monday:

Ran/Hike/Walk/Crawled the Kwaay Paay trail. It sucked. However, I did suprisingly better than I thought I would. 17:54 was my time. Oh, did I forget to mention that it's about a mile long or straight up! The view from the top was amazing though! Post trail run, we all met up for breakfast.

Kwaay Paay. That tiny bump in the middle is the summit.

Overall, It was an amazing experience! I was lucky enough to train with some of the best athletes around the country and to learn from some of the greatest minds in the sport. Definitely looking forward to the competition season this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment