Friday, December 23, 2011

Best training day in a long time!

Today was one of my best training days in quite a long time! Everything felt good and I had high intensity! Yesterday's off day was just what I needed. Here's what was on tap for today


WOD 111223:
Strength
5×2 Snatch Grip Deadlift @ 125% (of 1rm Snatch) – rest 90 sec.
Notes: Maintain posture – chest up, back scooped, knees back – no matter what. If the weight is too heavy to maintain, obviously, go down. Use straps.
Dynamic Strength
1a) Back Squat: 10×2 @ 65%+25% Band – rest 40 sec.
1b) Bench Press: 10X2 @ 65%+25% Chains – rest 40 sec.
Conditioning/Speed
4x100m Shuttle Run – rest 1:1
Notes: Set targets/cones 25m apart. Complete the 100m using 2 down and back ALL OUT sprints.





Strength: 250 w/ straps-felt real easy! Should have gone up or no straps

Dyn. Strength:
Squats(with red band)- 205x4(was super easy so I went up), 215x6

Bench(with purple band instead of chains)-145x10(probably could have gone up but I was by myself and I have never done these before

Speed: 35, 39, 35, 34(10 meter distance. Legs were tired and I cheesedicked the sprints to save the legs for the row..)


One last met-con since Im taking two days off

1k Row and 10 Muscle-Ups- 5:40
-(should have been sub 5 but my new wood rings are so damn slick. It's hard and somewhat scary to link more than 3. I almost dislocated my shoulder a few weeks ago on slick wood rings so I am a bit nervous when using them.)

Casio G-Shock!
I also got a frikkin sweet new training partner today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment