Monday, January 23, 2012

1-23-12

Today was the first day of the spring semester and it was mad busy at work! It was a long night and morning so instead of training at 8 this morning I had to bust my ass after class to finish before my meeting tonight.



1a) 5×3 Behind the Neck Push Press (Snatch Grip) + 3 OHS – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec.
Notes: This should be performed as a BB complex. Perform 3 Push Press then keep the BB overhead and perform 3 OHS.
5x3 @ 155. I kept it lighter due to my shoulder INFLEXIBILITY!

1b) 5×3 Snatch Hi-Pulls (heels down) – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec.
Notes: Heels should stay down throughout the lift. Concentrate on pulling the elbows high and wide, and keeping the BB as close to the body as possible. If you cannot pull the bar to chest height then lower the load. Do NOT re-bend the knees. Straps are recommended.
5x3 @ 165. I really tried to focus on hip and elbow drive

Met-con was

7 minute AMRAP

7 Squat Snatches @ 95 lbs
7 HSPU

-5 Rounds even. Shoulders started fatiguing and my right one began to tighten up a little. It's as annoying as those family members who don't ever leave you alone at family functions! haha

Less than a month to go till the open starts and I gotta get my but into high gear! Lets do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment