Monday, March 18, 2013

3/18

A.
Three sets, not for time, of:
Kipping Handstand Push-Ups x 5-15 reps
(Adjust the reps based on your ability and add a deficit if you’re proficient with kipping HSPUs and this rep range is easy.)
Butterfly Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups x 12-15 reps
L-Sit x 40-60 seconds (accumulated)

B.
Back Squat x 1 rep
* Set 1 – 70%
* Set 2 – 80%
* Set 3 – 90%
* Set 4 – 95%
* Set 5 – 95+%
Rest as needed

C.
Six sets of:
Hang Snatch + Snatch
Rest as needed
Build over the course of the six sets. Let feel dictate load.

D.
Three rounds for time of:
5/3 Bar Muscle-Ups
7 Power Snatches (155/105 lb)
9 Overhead Squats (155/105 lb)

A) Done
B) 255,295,330,345,355
C) 175×2, 180×2, 185(1,f), 190(failed both attempts)
-Very unhappy with how these went today. Still nursing the elbow so I was a bit nervous.
D) 9:10
-Frustration. Slow transitions. Too much time in between reps on the Snatches.



Got some really sad news today from my mom. My great grandfather, who hasn't been doing so well, has been moved to hospice care and unfortunately doesn't have too much longer. I am hopping on a flight home tomorrow to spend some quality time with the fam. While something like this is very sad, he has lived an amazing life and I want to ask my friends to send him and my family only happiest of prayers. 

I just want to let everyone know that this life we live is not always guaranteed. Live it and love what you do. Because if you don't, you are bound to miss something. Somewhere. At some point. 

I love you all! 

Also, thank you to everyone who is so supporting in my life. You guys are the reason as to why I can sit here and smile while I write something like this. Without everything you guys do and have done for me, I honestly don't believe I would be where I am today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment