Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oh, so this is what it feels like again..

Today was the first day of actual training that involved any good amount of volume. 

8:30 am

5x3 min AirDyne intervals (6000+ rpms)
-1 min rest between each interval

Total Distance- Just over 4.3 miles

1:30 pm

A.
8 min AMRAP
 7 Deadlifts (185 lbs)
14 Box Jumps (30 inch)

-immediately into

B.
2 min AMRAP
 Max Triple Unders

C.
3 Rounds for time
120 ft. Shuttle Run
25 GHD Sit-Ups

A) 6+5 Box Jumps
B) 3
-They are HARD
C)6:55

First day that I was actually able to somewhat train and I'm kind of upset about it. No, I'm not upset at my score. I'm not upset at my effort. I'm not even upset that it felt like my lungs had a matched dropped inside of them.

I am upset at the fact that I can't do what I love to do. I love training. I love working towards a goal. I love the feeling I get when I smash an old PR or when I am standing on a podium. No, not necessarily because I was one of the best, but because I accomplished something that I set out to do. Slowly but surely I am coming back strong. I might not be 100% physically come May 31st.. but you better believe that I will be 100% mentally. 




No comments:

Post a Comment